Friday, June 01, 2007

SEO Companies Can Be A Pain

Okay, so I have a website. And maybe it does not always come up in the search engines as high as I would like. But please do not cold call me trying to push your services on me.

I got a call today at my place of work for my companies websites of which I work on from a company called SEO Matrix [http://www.seomatrix.com/]. I knew right away it was a sales call but the guy on the other end insisted we had an PPC ad running with them. I asked where he got this information and he said in our account with his company.

Well guess what? We have no account with that company. Never have. And never will! He flat out lied to me when I asked if more information. Poor business practices! Their site states they use ethical search engine optimization but not too ethical when it comes to their telemarketing!

If I want your services I will seek them out. There are tons of SEO folks out there and really the best way is to take some courses and do it yourself instead of paying folks to do it for you. Stay away from folks who push and lie their way into your business.

No comments: